There are affiliate links in this post. I may receive a small fee if you click on the link and buy the product or service. Read more here
Start growing your email list using a simple landing page right away. It may feel overwhelming at first, or you don’t know where to start. But, I’m here to help!
How to grow your email list using a simple landing page.
A good landing page gives you a very clear place for your target audience to sign up for your email list. You receive their email addresses, and they receive whatever it is you are offering (freebie, printable, samples, etc). A landing page is a little bit different from a signup form. A landing page can be hosted on your website or blog.
You can also use a landing page template through an email marketing platform like AWeber, MailChimp or Mailer Lite. Many have templates you can use and they will typically host those landing pages for you.
If you want to host your landing page on your own website, you can create a stand-alone page with a signup form embedded.
Keep Your Landing Page Simple
Simple is best. You want to keep your landing page easy on the eyes. The less people have to read and navigate to figure out what you want them to do, the better. Keep your design simple. Have a very clear call to action.
Here are the things I believe every landing page should have. For a free printable version of my Landing Page Check List click here!
- TITLE – preferably at the top of the landing page
- SUBHEADING – tell people why they are signing up and what will happen when they do.
- FORM FIELDS – only request the necessary form fields (email, name, etc.) I know you might want a lot of information about your customers but the more information you ask them for, the less likely they’re going to fill out your form.
- LOGO/COMPANY NAME – Remind them who you are!
Optimize Your Landing Page for Mobile Devices
According to IBM, 49% of people read their email on their phone or mobile device. Make sure your landing page is optimizing for mobile. Start growing your email list using a simple landing page that is easy to use on all mobile devices!
- Once again, keep your landing page simple and clean. When using a template from your email marketing services, choose a single-column template. Multiple columns do not work well on mobile devices.
- Having a lot of white space is really great for mobile as well.
- Make your button easy to find and consider putting your call to action on your button. My buttons will usually say something like “Download Check List” or “Grab Your Free Check List“
- Most importantly, make sure you test your landing page on your mobile device.
Customize the Thank You Page
When someone visits your landing page and hits that submit button, there is usually something that happens after that…a thank you page or confirmation message will appear.
Depending on your email marketing service, you can customize the text of your thank you page to almost anything you want. You can include things like your signature, your website, a picture, etc..
This is just one more opportunity to invite your target audience to do something, read something, or to engage with you. You’ve already got their attention, they’ve already given you their information, why not give them something else of value or give them another call to action?
Don’t forget to grab your FREE LANDING PAGE CHECK LIST here!
Leave a Reply