There are affiliate links in this post. I may receive a small fee if you click on the link and buy the product or service. Read more here
We hear a lot about self-care on social media. Self-care means taking care of yourself mentally and physically. You always need to take care of your health, drink enough water, exercise, and getting enough sleep. But self-care is not the same as PAMPERING. You need to make time to pamper yourself!
Make Time to Pamper Yourself
I feel like “pamper” isn’t the best word though. It reminds me of diapers. But “indulge” doesn’t quite fit either. So, forget I said anything about diapers…we are sticking with “pamper.
How to pamper yourself when you have no free time.
First, think of your time like you do money. You have a finite amount of money. You also have a finite amount of time. No matter who you are, what you do for a living, or how many kids you have, we all get 24 hours each day. Just like money, it’s up to you how you budget your time.
For example, you know you need a certain amount of money each month to put gas in your car. Some months you might need more and some months you might need less. But if you don’t budget enough money, you risk running out of gas on the side of the freeway.
The same is true about making time for yourself. Free time doesn’t usually fall in our laps. I’m guessing that most of you are like me and rarely have a minute to yourself. I wake up at 6 am every day and go to sleep at 11 pm. In between those times I’m taking care of two kids, a dog, two cats, a house, a small business, and a part-time job. My husband has an erratic works schedule and travels a lot. So, if I don’t budget enough time for myself, I risk burning out and running out of gas…just like the car.
Set aside a chunk of time each day, each week, and each month that is just for treating yourself.
Make pampering part of your time budget. Set aside a chunk of time each day, each week, and each month that is just for treating yourself. I’m not talking about a spa day or a shopping spree, just think small! It doesn’t have to cost a lot of money. It doesn’t have to cost anything at all! The important thing is that you plan for it. Put it on your calendar, write it on the whiteboard in your kitchen, or add a reminder on your phone. Whatever works for you, but BUDGET THE TIME!
Pamper Yourself in Tiny Ways
- Yummy scented hand cream – I have my favorite hand cream in my favorite scent in every room of my house. It seems like a silly thing. But you guys, daily life is stressful. Take 10 seconds to throw on some hand cream, smell the yumminess, and give yourself a little pick-me-up! My kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, and office all have a small tube of my favorite “beach blanket” hand cream.
- Lip Balm – Just like hand cream, I have lip balm everywhere. My purse, my desk, my car, the kitchen, my bedside table, my dresser, my bathroom…and probably in more places than that. Burt’s Bees Beeswax lip balm is my go-to and has been for years. It’s soothing and that little kick of peppermint makes me happy.
- Mints – Mints are not just for freshening your breath. Mints are an easy and portable way to give yourself a tiny refresher in the middle of your day. Most of the places I keep my hand cream and lip balm, I also keep a little tin of Altoids mints. Gum works too, if that’s more your thing.
These little things may not be what you think of when you think of pampering yourself. But doing these little things throughout the day can give you a tiny boost to help you feel a little better.
2 Luxurious Ways to Pamper Yourself in 15 Minutes
- Take a hot bath – If you have kids you know that sometimes the only way to calm a young child is to put them in water. Sick kids, sad kids, grouchy kids, hyper kids…they all seem to settle down when they get in the water. We are no different! You don’t need fancy bubbles or expensive bath bombs. Just fill your bathtub with hot water and get in. But if you have some essential oils, candles, or bath fizzies, even better! Budget for 15 – 20 minutes a week and get in the water!
- Face Masks – I love my face masks. I have a bag in my bathroom full of different kinds of masks. The easiest, fastest, least expensive, and most fun are sheet masks. Have you tried a sheet mask? I get mine on Amazon or at Target for around $3. There are masks that soothe your skin, moisturize your skin, and detox your skin. $3 and 15 minutes. Pick one up next time you are at the store and schedule 15 minutes to pamper yourself!
Make Time for Yourself!
These are just a few examples of things I do to pamper myself when I am super busy and short on time. We all could use a little something to cheer us up or keep us going during the day. Try some of these ideas and let me know how they work for you. Or if you have your own pampering routines, I’d love to hear about them!
But whatever you do, MAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF. Find the time, budget the time, schedule the time. You are worth it!
One way you can make the time to pamper yourself is to delegate your responsibilities. I have a solution for that, let’s chat!
Leave a Reply