Getting started with email marketing can seem overwhelming but don’t let it be! Your business exists to fill a need and your customers need to hear from you. That is why you need to create a lead magnet. Let’s talk more about what they are and why you need at least one.
Why do I need to create a lead magnet?
The Value Proposition
Let’s start with what a lead magnet does for your email list and your business. It is a value proposition, I will give you this amazing resource to solve your problem and all I need is your email! A well thought out and targeted lead magnet will:
- Provide a free incentive that you can deliver instantly that solves a problem for your ideal client.
- Will grow your email list faster – and with the right people – so you are talking to the people that want to hear your message.
- Gives your target audience a sneak peek of what it’s like to work with you.
- And people love free stuff!
Your Lead Magnet should…
- Provide a quick solution to a problem.
- Answer a question that your target audience has.
- Have a high perceived value.
- Leave them wanting MORE.
- Demonstrate your expertise.
- Be delivered instantly.
- Be easily digestible.
- Exclusive to your subscribers.
- Provide quality over quantity.
The options to create a lead magnet are endless, but here are a few ideas:
- A list of the top 5 podcasts to listen to when you’re starting your business.
- A list of the top 10 tools you need in your retail business.
- A short video demonstrating the features of your product.
Click the button below to get my 33 Lead Magnet Ideas to help you create a lead magnet to help grow your list.
Now for the why you need to do it!
A lead magnet is going to increase the likelihood that people will sign up for your email list. And those people will be more likely to stay on your list, too. So rather than saying “sign up for my email newsletter” to any random person, you’re saying:
“I know you have a problem and it’s driving you crazy, let me make your life a little bit easier. Here is my free resource of awesomeness to help you! Let me have your email address and I’ll send it to you right away.”
Share it! When you build your lead magnet and use it to gather up emails for your business. The first place to share it? With me! Email me and send it to me because I love seeing what kinds of lead magnets people come up with.
Want more help?
If you have any questions about email marketing shoot me an email or comment below. Follow me on Facebook and Instagram for more tips. Not lacking creativity or inspiration, just lacking time? Then let’s talk about me handling your email marketing!